Who doesn’t love a flavorful meal that is quick, easy, and delicious? Plus, come on y’all, it’s Mexican food! It’s a win-win. No one ever reads the many paragraphs included in recipe blogs…so let’s just get right to it, shall we?
Ingredients – Serves approx 3-4
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 lb grass-fed or grass-finished beef
3 Roma tomatoes (may need more if making for a family)
1 bunch of green onions
1 tbsp coconut oil
Simple Truth Chipotle Hot Sauce
Taco Seasoning – https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/46653/taco-seasoning-i/
- Place burner on medium heat and add coconut oil
- Add beef and seasoning to skillet
- While beef is cooking, place the desired amount of romaine lettuce leaves on a plate (I use 3)
- Next, cut up tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro and add to romaine leaves
- Add the desired amount of hot sauce, hummus, and Daiya cheese
- Once the beef has browned, approx 7-10 min, add to the veggies, hummus, hot sauce, and cheese
- Serve and eat!
**I don’t have specific amounts of certain things because I don’t ever measure my food. If I had to guess I would say I used 6 oz of ground beef, 1 tomato, approx 1/3 cup of green onion, approx 2 tbsp hummus, less than 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro, less than 1/3 cup of Daiya cheese, and 1 tbsp of hot sauce per serving.